Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Approximately what percentage of the human genome is identical to that of a chimpanzee?

a. 98.8%


b. 88.5%


c. 92.0%


d. 62.3%


e. 50.0%





I think it is D. I think I remember my professor saying something about that, but I can't find the answer in my book. Thanks for any help!|||Go with a. This is my field of research. Depending on what method is used, different numbers come out, but it's in the very high 90's.|||The 'official' answer is A; but a lot depends on what your definition of 'identical' is, and which data set you're using. For example, the '99.8%' figure is based on a small number of restriction enzyme comparisons and predates the Human Genome Project. If you look at actual base pair matching, any two humans are probably less than 99.8% identical.|||Definitely A|||About 99%


According to the choice no. a|||I pretty sure its A.|||im learning that too, it was 98%. Thats what I know is a fact

No comments:

Post a Comment