Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is your reaction when that chimpanzee attacked that Connecticut women and then shot to death?

I was devastated to hear about it. The woman was crying for losing her beloved chimpanzee. It had mouled her friend, sent her to the hospital in critical condition, along with severing her hands. I feel bad for the owner, along with the victim. Any animal by that chance to me, can strike. Example: The most well trained dog, can attack anyone for any or no reason. I have seen it myself. Yes, she was educated about chimps(obviously owning it for 14 years) and she should of known the disadvantages of owning such a power full animal. I own snakes, they are dog tame, but do bite me once in a while. Not when they are going through sheds, startled, nor hungry. Why? Because they are, and were wild animals. Animals are animals. I treat my 3 dogs(a purebred American Pit Bull Terrier, and 2 purebred German Shepherds)like dogs, because that is what they are. Treating them like humans is just asking for an ill manored dog. That can lead to aggression. My heart goes out to the woman had been mouled, and also to the owner.





The monkey was all she had.





I think exotic pets should be kept in captivity, not pets. If pets, they should be ready for what they are getting into, and should be prepared.|||http://nashtrust.com





That website is the trust fund going to the woman who got attacked by the chimpanzee. Please visit if you have the chance

Report Abuse


|||Well I am in the Stamford area where it happened and I am shocked I didnt't even know that we had a chimp living in my town. I don't think it is the chimpanzee's fault he is an animal and as much as you try to make animals humans they are not. I don't feel that he should have been shot and it is quite weird that the owner in her 911 call said to shoot the chimpanzee. I think there is more to this story that will be coming out soon. I mean the chimp was served wine and even was on Xanax there something more we don't know. I do feel for the woman who was attacked and hope she will be able to have a healthy life after this attack.|||My first response was shock that a chimpanzee could weigh 200 lbs. That's the size of a gorilla.


My next response was sympathy for the woman attacked. I know the damage that can be done by ape attacks. They go for the eyes, the nose. I'm sure she will be scarred for life.


Last, When an animal of this type shows signs of aggression, they need to be removed from home settings. If you think that's cruel to the animal, then put them down. Just because the chimp can dress his self, use the toilet, and whatever, doesn't mean it can't be dangerous. Those actions are simply tricks.|||~~It's so sad. The chimp was being treated for Lymes Disease, and they fear it may have had an adverse effect from the medication. It was such a well loved, smart, and trusted pet, it must be horrific for the owners. Not only was their friend tragically maimed, but they lost their beloved pet besides. I guess the truth is at a certain point, people aren't meant to live with wild animals.~~|||I couldn't believe the stupidity of someone actually


having a 200 lb. monkey walking around loose. They


may look cute but if you know anything about them,


they are very violent and dangerous animals.





The owner should be considered responsible and sent


to jail for the rest of their life.|||i was disturbed, but not suprised. chimpanzees can get very violent, the officer had no choice but to defend himself. anyone would do the same! as for the owner, she should be held accountable to some extent because a wild animal doesn't need to be in a home eating, sleeping, etc with a human.|||i feel so sad for everyone involved. this is what happens when we take animals into our homes that should never be there. i heard the 911 tape on the news and was horrified at the fear in the woman's voice. my prayers are with her and her poor friend that was so badly hurt. it was just a bad bad situation that had spun horribly out of control.|||Why can't people realize that you can't tame a wild animal. The animal may act as though it has been trained and tamed, but it's instincts still tell it that it is a wild animal.





The poor animal didn't know any better, the human was supposed to know better.|||People really shouldn't try to treat animals like humans, it just doesn't work in the long run..


Many people are bitten by their own dogs, and dogs have a long history of being domesticated..|||I never knew Chimps could get to be 200 pounds. He should've attacked his owner.|||horrified at first; then very sad for everyone involved.|||same what the first person said

No comments:

Post a Comment