Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it legal to own a chimpanzee in MI, and where can I buy one?

My family and I are interested in buying a english chimpanzee, or monkey of a smaller kind to have as a pet. Not looking to spend tons of money either. Anywhere between $100-$500. I was wondering where I could purchase a chimpanzee, and if it is legal to own one in Michigan. Thanks.|||Michigan currently only bans big cats and bears. You would have to check your county, township, or city laws.





As for buying one for $100-500, the only place you will find a chimp or monkey for that price is at a toy store or one of those scammers online. A chimp costs at least $10,000 if not 50,000, and monkeys sell for a few thousand too. That doesn't include the expensive vet care and other needs.|||Possession of any exotic mammal is illegal. If you do get one, be prepared you almost certainly will have to give it up because as they get older and reach puberty they turn extremely vicious no matter how they are cared for. Unless they are with a mate. Michael Jackson had to give up bubbles because it turned vicious and his was amazingly cared for :) good luck #:D|||I'm not aware of the legality, but Chimps are aggressive when kept as family pets. I know it doesn't seem that way because they're so much like us and captivating, but they aren't a good pet. I don't know if English ones are any different though. I would not recommend them after some things I've heard. I wouldn't recommend any monkeys, actually. But I just had an idea (sorta). There's these things called Sugar Gliders (I think) and they look kind of like monkeys, they're perfectly legal in Michigan (I live here too), and they're extremely cute. I even looked up a link for you. http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glide鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment