Saturday, November 19, 2011

Does anyone know how I could adopt a chimpanzee to take home,preferably a baby chimp?

i understand you need to get a license to own a chimpanzee. Does anyone know how to go about that . I am a nurse and I adore animals. I am really interested in helping this endangered species any way I can.|||Help them by donating money to one of the shelters that helps them. Type Chimpanzee shelters into any browser. There are quite a few of them.


Chimpanzees are not pets, roommates, companion animals or in anyway suitable in a home environment. They are incredibly strong, and are not always careful. Not to mention if one gets angry with you, he can kill you by mistake and not even realize what he did. They have sexual urges that can not be handled with training or anything else. They are smart and even trained professionals have trouble keeping them in their cages, because they figure out how to open the locks. Their intellegence makes it cruel to keep them in cages anyway.


Zoos and Research labs that have chimps living close to humans have steel bars and bullet proof glass seperating humans from even the most gentle and docile, people loving animals, because they just don't understand that people are not as strong and durable as they are.


This goes for all apes and monkeys. They are just NOT PETS


Please, your money will do so much to help these beautiful and intellegent creatures. Getting one as a pet will eventually lead to having to give him up to over crowded, under funded shelters. Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.|||I dunno, but I'm sure curious to hear the answer. I've always fancied myself getting one of them little monkeys that wears the little uniform and hat and all, and bet I could make me a killin' travelin' around to all the circuses and fairs with one of them little organs. I went to the fair one year and a fella there had himself a little monkey all dressed up proper like, and damn if that monkey wasn't going around tipping his hat and people were just loadin' it up with quarters and such. I guess they probably are a lot of work, but man would I look good standing there in the middle of the fair holding my monkey, or what?





Anyways, best o' luck with your monkey.|||I would try by contacting some of the major zoo's. Animals like that take alot of time and money. You will more than likely have to go thru a program to learn about care and then show yourself and the habitat fit for rearing. Try the Toledo Ohio zoo, or the Columbus Ohio zoo they are some fine zoo's. They should at least be able to steer you the right direction.|||you have to go tuogh this whole thing u can probaly adopt one and keep it at the shelter like a hourse|||jion animal cops and you will get more licens and animal love then you need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|||I wouldn't recomend u own a chimpaze they need alot of stimulation aspecaily with their own kind and no matter how hard u try you cannot give it that. Ypu could try adopted 1 through the when or mail. You donate a little money every so often and they send you pics etc . I hope i've helped.|||I would not recommend an adoption of a wild animal. Beside the risk of injury to yourself and the animal you must be ready for a 50 year committment to a very big 2 yo child. The best way is to adopt one at your local zoo, become a docent or volunteer.|||You can't. Its illegal without a special license.

No comments:

Post a Comment